RULES & REGULATIONS
1) All teams are required to sign the team sheet. Suggested team size is 4-5 people max. No additional names shall be added after Friday, June 02, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST (Exceptions will be allowed only in extreme cases and at the discretion of the Directors of the Competition).
2) All teams must submit their team name and list of team members before leaving on Friday.
3) All participants must sign the document agreeing that they understand the rules of the competition.
4) Mentors are available throughout Friday night and Saturday morning to help you formulate solutions.
5) All teams and their members, must be present at the venue at least once on Saturday, June 03, 2017. Failure to appear shall result in disqualification.
6) All teams must be present at the venue for all proceedings on Sunday, June 04, 2017.
7) Final projects/presentations must be submitted by 9 AM EST on Sunday June 04, 2017. The submission must include a description and screenshots. All teams must submit their project as a PDF and a PPT Deck to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8) You must be ready to present your project to the judges at 11:00 AM for the Semi-Finals; be at the venue by 10:30 AM sharp. Judges will visit each team (Science Fair Style). Teams will then present and demonstrate their projects to the judges only.
9) 5 teams will be short listed to present to the overall group after lunch.
10) All decisions by the judges are final.
All prize details will be determined by The Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize (or prize element) of comparable or greater value. All taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of any Prize are the sole responsibility of winners. Prizes cannot be transferred or substituted by winner. If a prize is unclaimed within a reasonable time after notification from The Sponsor, as determined by The Sponsor in its sole discretion, it will be forfeited, and time permitting, an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries at The Sponsor’s sole discretion.
You and/or your entire team may be disqualified for any of the following actions, with or without warning, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion: (i) verbal abuse of another participant or Hackathon staff; (ii) inappropriate touching or harming of another participant or Hackathon staff; (iii) breach of the Hackathon Participant Agreement or any other agreement entered into in connection with the Hackathon; (iv) violation of or non-compliance with any section of this Participation Agreement or (v) violating the spirit of the Hackathon. If The Sponsor has reason to believe that you or your team has compromised the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Hackathon, or has attempted to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Hackathon, including, without limitation, by cheating, hacking, creating a malicious bot or other automated program, or by committing fraud in any way, or during the Hackathon, if any Hackathon staff has the reason to believe that your health is in danger, you may be required to discontinue your participation in the Hackathon and asked to seek immediate medical assistance. Your teammates, if any, may continue participating in the Hackathon if they so choose.