1. All teams are required to sign the team sheet. Suggested team size is 4-5 people max. No additional names shall be added after Friday June 2nd, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST (Exceptions will be allowed only in extreme cases and at the discretion of the Competition Directors).
2. Teams, with all team members, must be present at the venue at least once on
Saturday June 3rd, 2017. Failure to appear shall result in disqualification. Winning teams must be present at the venue for all proceedings on Sunday, June 4th.
3. Final projects/presentations must be submitted by 9 AM on Sunday June 4th, 2017. The submission must include a description and screenshots. All teams shall submit as a PDF and a PPT Deck to email@example.com. In the subject line, note the city that you submitting from and the team name.
4. On Sunday June 4th, 2017 you must be at the venue by 9:00 AM in order to set up for the judging.
5. Judges will visit each team (Science Fair Style). Teams will present & demonstrate their projects to the judges only.
6. Judges will select 3 finalists. Those 3 finalists will present to the entire group.
7. There will be 3 teams in each city presenting.
8. There will be a 1st, 2nd & 3rd place combined winner, selected from the 6 finalists.
All Prize details will be determined by The Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize (or prize element) of comparable or greater value. All taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of any Prize are the sole responsibility of winners. Prizes cannot be transferred or substituted by winner. If a Prize is unclaimed within a reasonable time after notification from The Sponsor, as determined by The Sponsor in its sole discretion, it will be forfeited, and time permitting, an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries at The Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Your team’s Submission may be disqualified if the Sponsor has reason to believe, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, that your Submission:
(a) contains any element that is malicious, corrupt, damaged, incomplete, inappropriate, or offensive;
(c) infringes any third party intellectual property rights;
(d) violates any applicable law or (e) violates or does not comply with any section of this Participation Agreement.
You and/or your entire team may be disqualified for any of the following actions, with or without warning, in The Sponsor’s sole discretion:
(i) verbal abuse of another participant or Hackathon staff;
(ii) inappropriate touching or harming of another participant or Hackathon staff;
(iii) breach of the Hackathon Participant Agreement or any other agreement entered into in connection with the Hackathon;
(iv) violation of or non-compliance with any section of this Participation Agreement or
(v) violating the spirit of the Hackathon.
If The Sponsor has reason to believe that you or your team has compromised the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Hackathon, or has attempted to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Hackathon, including, without limitation, by cheating, hacking, creating a malicious bot or other automated program, or by committing fraud in any way, your If during the Hackathon, any Hackathon staff has reason to believe that your health is in danger, you may be required to discontinue your participation in the Hackathon and asked to seek immediate medical assistance. Your teammates, if any, may continue participating in the Hackathon if they so choose.
All disqualification decisions are final and not subject to appeal.